Wednesday, January 5, 2011

fireproof

bismillah..

tidak kusangka harini dah 5 january... tak berapa lama lah tu nak exam final GIT.. sudah2lah berehat, dalam erti kata yang lain. eceh. 

so, usai final MSS yang lalu, i went through dvd yg tak tgk lagi, so my pick was Fireproof. honestly, aku tak berapa senanglah nak menulis tentang movie ni, because of the main message of the movie adalah untuk kembali kepada Tuhan, and religion of choice dalam movie tersebut adalah Christianity, so nanti orang kata aku ni agen pluralism pulak kan. tapi, my sole intention adalah nak berkongsi few very relevant point yang dikupas cantik dalam movie yang bila ko tengok, rasa mcm tengok channel pendidikan. ha...

so basically it's about mending a broken marriage. u know orang kata usually when a breakup happens (or a divorce) both parties has usually drifted away from the path, and a simple tiny thing can cause the blow, and poofffff!!!! it's not there anymore. so, the husband in this movie, took his dad's advice to withhold the divorce process for 40 days, and he had to follow this "Love Dare" experiment.

basic concept yang aku berkenan sangat nak bawakan dari movie ni, yang pertama sekali adalah hak adalah untuk ditunaikan, bukan untuk dituntut. this is totally apa yang dibawakan dalam Islam, very nicely dikupas by brother Nouman Ali Khan, sila search for "the healthy marriage". memang in apa jugak relationship, baik husband and wife, parents-children, sesama jiran ke, kalau kita semua menunaikan hak terhadap orang lain, the world with no doubt will be a better place to live in. okey, itu lesson number one.

lesson number two, love for human, MUST BE PRECEDED with love for God. this was the main point dalam movie ni, caleb's dad try to convey the message to his son. after 20 days being in the love dare, and his wife still doesn't show any improvement, he had this conversation with his dad

John Holt: Has she thanked you for anything you've done the last 20 days?
Caleb Holt: No! And you'd think after I washed the car, I've changed the oil, do the dishes, cleaned the house, that she would try to show me a little bit of gratitude. But she doesn't! In fact, when I come home, she makes me like I'm - like I'm an enemy! I'm not even welcome in my own home, Dad. That is what really ticks me off! Dad, for the last three weeks, I have bent over backwards for her. I have tried to demonstrate that I still care about this relationship. I bought her flowers, which she threw away. I have taken her insults and her sarcasm, but last night was it. I made dinner for her. I did everything I could to demonstrate that I care about her, to show value for her, and she spat in my face! She does not deserve this, Dad. I'm not doing it anymore! How am I supposed to show love to somebody over and over and over who constantly rejects me?
John Holt: [touches, then leans against cross] That's a good question. 


that's what he's been doing to God. sebab everytime his dad tries to bring the issue upon him, he'd say that's not his thing. well, itu sesuailah untuk orang tak beragama kan. tapi, lesson yang kita boleh dapat dari sini, by understanding the true concept of love, Caleb finally faham why he's doing all those things to his wife, and improve himself to be a better man.

okey, itu adalah yang paling menikam sekali. after all the Love Allah has showered on me, how could I be so ungrateful. haish.

***
If you can fall in love, you can also fall out of it.

okay, this has been in my head for few days. sebab the wife ada mention something fall out of love. memang betul lah tu. tapi if it's true love, mana ada orang fall out of it kan? mungkin sebab tu rumah tangga perlu dibina berasaskan cinta kepada Tuhan. sebab, hanya bila dia dah tak cinta akan Tuhannya, dia akan berhenti mencintai pasangannya.kalau dah tak cinta Tuhan, ha....  ape hal pulak kan? so, then only insiden fall out of love ni takkan berlaku. tapi it's totally lust-based, there's no way it'll stay longer, one day you'll just wake up, and the so-called other half may suddenly doesn't love you anymore.

itu yang dah kahwin sepuluh tahun kahwin pun ada yang bercerai (nauzubillah). bak kata cik rokoiah, "ha, tu mesti tak semayang tu....". 

marriage is not fireproof. sometimes you get burned. 


so, perhaps marriage is fireproof after all, kalau asasnya benar. okey. rasa sangat aneh pulak aku blog pasal relationship and stuff..

baiklah kawan-kawan, take home message kita harini, 
1- tunaikan hak kepada yang berhak,
2- dahulukan yang dahulu, cinta Tuhan mestilah yang #1.

No comments: